How do I create a Custom Certificate?
Navigate to the Course and select the “Settings” tab to create a Custom Certificate. Next, click “Edit” and select “Change Certificate Style” under the Certificates Section.
A pop-up window will appear with our ready-made certificates, and below will be click “Custom Certificate” and then “Create Custom Certificate.”
Note: If you do not see the Custom Certificate option, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or our support team at email@example.com.
- Download a Template:
Clicking here will download a template that will provide you, or your designer, a guideline of where text on the certificate may appear. More information about how to use the template is here.
- Upload a Background Image:
Once you have created a certificate image, clicking “Upload a Background Image” will allow you to upload the image in .png or .jpg format. The image will display as the certificate background below.
- Download PDF Preview:
If you already have a trainee in this module or course, you will see a list of all those Trainees in alphabetical order in the search box. Clicking “Download PDF Preview” will download a preview of the Custom Certificate. We encourage you to try this to ensure the Custom Certificate you created has the look and feel you intended. You can search for any trainee in the module or course and click “Download PDF Preview” to preview a certificate for that selected trainee. If no trainee is selected, it will default to the logged-in Admin or Trainer information.
Each Custom Certificate will allow you to select 11 different fields displayed on the certificate. The fields and descriptions are listed below.
- Trainee Name: The trainee’s first and last name
- Company Name: Your organization’s name.
- Module or Course Score: The score that the trainee received after completing the module or course
- Module or Course Name: The title of the module or course
- Completion Date: The date that the trainee completed the module or course
- Trainer Name: The trainer’s name for the course
- Blank: Choosing this field will display no text and be left blank. This can be used if you choose not to display anything in that location.
- Text Field: Choosing this field allows you to enter any text you choose. For example, you can enter “Congratulations” and display “Congratulations” in the space where you selected the field.
- Any Custom field: You can select any of the ten custom fields you are using. When a custom field is selected, it will display its title and the entry. For example, if the custom field is “Job Title” and the entry is “Engineer,” then the text will display on the certificate “Job Title: Engineer.”
Select the fields of your choice, and click “Apply” at the top. This will save the certificate.
Once created, every trainee who completed this particular module or course will receive this certificate. You can revert to the default Trakstar Learn certificate templates if you decide not to use the Custom Certificate option. The Custom Certificate you created will be saved if you would like to use it again.